Thursday, November 20, 2008

Only time will tell....

Matthew has been having a rough time since last Monday. He's been crying when he has to go to school and even when he is going to bed. He says it's because he misses me while he is at school. He also worries about me missing him too much. He is scared about what is going to happen when his little sister arrives. All kinds of things going through his head and he is having trouble dealing with it all. For a six year old, he worries a whole lot. It makes me sad to see him crying. I send him to school every day hoping that will be the day there will be no tears. He is exactly like me though. Holds his heart on his sleeve. Sensitive and caring. I guess that's why it's so, so difficult for me to see him going through this rough patch. I have promised him a mommy/matthew "date" this weekend. He picks what we do. I am excited to see what we will do together. I hope it helps him through this.

Other than that...7 weeks (about) and counting until our little one is here. Our house isn't ready, but that's ok. We will make it work. That's what being a parent is about. Daily adjustment. Dealing with what comes our way. It's great and rewarding!

It's cold outside and I am so ready for spring already. Ha Ha! It's going to be a VERY long winter for me I guess.

Waiting for the day when I will be able to scrap again. Maybe in January for a day or two with the gals!

~Jenn

No comments: