Sunday, November 23, 2008

An update...

Matthew and I had our "date" on Friday night. We went out to Noodles and Company (his choice of course) for dinner. We did some talking there. He didn't have much more to share with me about what's been bothering him, but that's ok. We then went to look at some things for the his little sister. He had fun playing with the mobiles at Pottery Barn kids and coming up with other ideas for playing in the crib with her. It's so funny to see how his little mind works!

We then stopped in Barnes and Noble cafe for a treat. He got a smoothie and I got hot chocolate. We sat down at a little table for a bit and chatted. He says he is worried about me missing him while he is at school. He thinks about me while at school and wonders what I am doing. I told him I do miss him, but I am fine. I look forward to seeing him after school and encouraged him to not worry so much. I also told him how proud of him I am that he did not cry at school on Thursday or Friday. He said he had a fun time with me and he is looking forward to more times alone with mom. I think it went well. We will see what the coming week brings.

After discussing with his teacher, I will try not volunteering on Wednesday. I think if he sees me at school it makes it harder for him. We'll see if that makes a difference.

I haven't been able to scrap at all because all of my stuff is packed up in bins. Getting ready to move stuff out to the garage so we can work on the basement. Hopefully once our office is done (and we adjust to having 3 kiddos!), I can scrap to my heart's content. :)

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. I always look forward to spending time with my family. Also I am looking forward to shopping on Friday. I hope to get a lot of my xmas shopping done.

~Jenn

No comments: