Sunday, September 24, 2006

My weekend away...

Sorry the blog hasn't been updated in a few days. Life has been busy. I am currently sitting at a scrapbooking retreat in Redwing. It is a wonderful old house - it's been updated with all that a scrapbook retreat should have. A 12x12 printer, Wishblade, punches, trimmers, xyron and lot's of fun projects.

I've been working on some fun items with the new Crate paper - so be on the outlook for some cards with Crate, and a jewelery box with the new Cosmo Cricket Jitterbug paper. It is super cute.

I helped my aunt do her first scrapbook page. She is working on a heritage album with pictures of my great grandmother and grandfather. It's amazing how much history she has gathered over the last five years which brings me to my last point. It's something that I struggle with frequently. Journal, Journal, Journal. It's often the last thing on my mind - and I tend to only leave space for "some" journaling. My grandmother kept a journal that is filled with poems and stories that she has written - all in her own handwriting. It is this type of thing that I've enjoyed most. So do your family a favor and jot down a few quotes, stories and ideas in your own handwriting. You could bring smiles to the faces of your future granddaughter.

Grandma - I miss you tons and wish you were still here to see your daughter (Jo) and your granddaughter enjoy reading your stories and poems - it made my day.

Oh. Lastly - if anybody needs any "special" items that are not on our website (Yes Bonnie - we are getting storage.) Let me know - we can add it to our list of items to be ordered from our distributor. We'll sell all items special ordered with our normal 10 to 15% below MSRP.

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

woohooo storage is coming.. can't wait to see what u guys are offering! another retreat? wow... I wish I cud afford to go on more.. like you guys... invite me sometime, i'd love to join you!