Thursday, April 19, 2007

April 19th...




One year ago today the little invision we had in our head became...Scraploft. We started with a list of possible names for our on-line store. I was hoping for "Scraploft" during the entire process. Reasons being: the word sounds good, has a certain ring to it, and also if we ever decide to open a retreat center what a perfect name! :)

The first meeting was all about business stuff. Lots of decision making, voting, etc. The piece of paper above is from that first meeting. I took the picture today, a year after the fact. We started with weekly meetings, typed meeting agendas and meeting minutes. Task oriented and organized. Now the agendas are hand written lists. We don't do minutes anymore either. Relaxed atmosphere. More my style for sure.

How do I feel, one year later? I feel good. Though there have been some changes and some bumps in the road, I have learned so much. I do know there is much more to learn and I am looking forward to the challenge. Though my life is still busy and actually feels overwhelming sometimes, I wouldn't change the last year for anything. However, I do still need to find that balance that I am looking for...eventually.
To my business partner and friend, Sarah. I am so thankful for who we are, what we have become, and what we will be. Thanks for doing this with me. It's been grand. :)
So here's to Scraploft. Sarah and I surviving the last year and looking forward to the next. Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way. We could not have done it without you!
~Jenn




1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

again, Congrats to you both! It's worth celebrating! hugs